I would like to share an impact moment from the Women Inspired Conference with you
This was a wonderful session on financial freedom.
Speaker: Marybeth Whalen
Author of Learning to Live free Financial along with her husband Curt Whalen
* We should get on the same page with our spouses about our "Heart" attitudes about money
* Attitude 1 - Attitude of Prayer - committing every financial thing to God in prayer. Personally I have no other recourse but to turn to God in prayer. I have seen how awesome He is and I have seen Him answer in such wonderful ways.
* Attitude 2 - Attitude of Obedience - Its vital to have an attitude of obedience. Being obedient even when it does not make sense to you. In Acts 3 1-10
* Attitude 3 - Attitude of Surrender - Laying down our expectations. What we feel we "deserve". Deserve is a dangerous word. Like a spoiled child do we throw tantrums or tell God what we deserve, even when we don't. We live through God's Grace, unmerited favor shown to us by the Father.
* Attitude of Vision - Vision beyond the immediate situation. Sometimes you a SEE moment. S ignificant E motional E event. It is the AHa! moment that begins our transformation.
Marybeth and her husband Curt have shared their story in their book Living Financially Free, I am currently reading and I am enjoying the book. They also share on their website marybethandcurt.blogspot.com.
Lets be good stewards of the resources God has given us, and even if we have made some mistakes along the way God is waiting to help you pick up the pieces, turn it over to Him and begin to take steps towards financial freedom.