Thursday, May 27, 2010

Poem

The writing prompt from Mama Kat is allowing me a poetry moment.

It has been a journey
We made it through finals
Late night studying
Late night partying
So much fun
Some guys were hot and some were not
Care packages from home filled with hometown goodies
Long lectures
Made shorter by naps
Chemistry...we wont speak of the agony
Microeconomics pull my nails out one at a time please
The drone of the professor's voice
Made my hour into more like a week
You were a great roomy
So hard to say good bye
Although, sometimes you got on my nerves
Your dirty clothes on my side of the room
Borrowing my clothes without asking
You ate my food
You had your friends sit on my bed
One year of your horrible snoring
All of a sudden
It's not so hard
It's not so hard to say "good-bye"

1 comment:

  1. I also was VERY happy to say goodbye to Econ - I hated it! And I had one really awful roommate who I was also thrilled to say goodbye too - although I don't think we were speaking by then!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete