Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Worship

Psalm 96:9
Worship the LORD in the splendor of his holiness; tremble before him, all the earth.


I love to worship, I could go to church and just worship and feel rejuvanated without a sermon. I strongly believe that we need to teach our children to worship, it is the best time to teach them about this special part of their faith. Teaching them why we raise our hands and why we stand and worship. Or simply why we worship. Teaching them that we have been created to worship. We have a Kids Ministry at my church and this is something I have been trying to introduce. I believe as we teach them to worship when they transition to the regular service they would feel at ease and want to participate.

My children see me worshipping (tears and all) all the time, it is a normal experience for them. When I talk about worship I want them to feel it from my heart. Teach them and when they are old they will not depart.

Is fun to see them play church. We have a worship leader and a pastor and and usher, I want to capture that and instill in them a love to worship "so when they are old they will not depart".

I recently had a conversation with my daughter about worship, I told her that I wanted her to stand when during worship at church. I explained that when we worship we enter into the presence of the Most High. I reminded her of shows that she has watched that depicted a king in the room, all the subjects of the kingdom stood or bowed in the presence. So I wanted her to act as though the King had entered the room. You know how things usually take a while to sink in, but I will keep talking about it not yelling or being angry because she did not stand, just speaking from my heart so that she understands the importance of worship in my life and hers.

Psalm 29:2
Ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name; worship the LORD in the splendor of his holiness.

Psalm 74:8
They said in their hearts, "We will crush them completely!" They burned every place where God was worshiped in the land.

Psalm 86:9
All the nations you have made will come and worship before you, O Lord; they will bring glory to your name.

Psalm 95:6
Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the LORD our Maker;

Psalm 97:7
All who worship images are put to shame, those who boast in idols— worship him, all you gods!

Psalm 99:5
Exalt the LORD our God and worship at his footstool; he is holy.

Psalm 99:9
Exalt the LORD our God and worship at his holy mountain, for the LORD our God is holy.

Psalm 100:2
Worship the LORD with gladness; come before him with joyful songs.
Psalm

No comments:

Post a Comment