Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Love of God

In this economically challenge period that we are in, is nice to be reminded of the love of God towards us. I had devotion this morning and I would like to share the verse with you. I am going to share two versions, sometimes reading a scripture in several different versions, lets the meaning really hit home.

Contemporary EnglishEphesians 3 - 14-19

I kneel in prayer to the Father. All beings in heaven and on earth receive their life from him. [a] 16God is wonderful and glorious. I pray that his Spirit will make you become strong followers 17and that Christ will live in your hearts because of your faith. Stand firm and be deeply rooted in his love. 18I pray that you and all of God's people will understand what is called wide or long or high or deep. [b] 19I want you to know all about Christ's love, although it is too wonderful to be measured. Then your lives will be filled with all that God is

Todays New International Version

For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15 from whom every family [a] in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord's people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.


How deep and wide is His love that insulates us from all of the concerns of this time. I sat the other day wondering if I had become desensitized to the things going on around me, the foreclosures, and lost jobs and the increase of visitors to food shelters. I spoke to my friend about it and she called it God's insulation. You know that even when we are going through the hardest times, our kids would not be aware because we try to keep things as normal as possible. We know that we don't want them to get concerned and scared, so we insulate them. That is what God does He insulates His children and reminds them that "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us," .

He reminds us of His love and then reminds us that He is able. Glory be to God. I can't imagine my life without the Hope that is in Christ Jesus.

So today be encouraged that He is able in the midst of the chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment