Friday, March 13, 2009

The Hope which we profess

Today was a very emotionally draining day, I am faced with a situation I don't want to be in. As I sat in tears most of the day, I kept trying to stay focused on God,who knows all things. While walking home from school with my daughter, very absorbed in my thoughts, my daughter story of her day seemed distant. I nodded as if I heard everything that she said, all the while overwhelmed by my thoughts. A verse came to my mind, Hold on unswervingly to the hope which you profess, for He who has promised is faithful.

I have been sharing about God's faithfulness and His covering over us, and now I needed to hold on very tightly to that Hope that I spoke off. My pastor spoke about the challenges that we will face as Christians, but reminded us that we serve a God who is beyond the moment, He knows our future. So I HAVE to with all that I have left trust that God is not leaving me now, now when things seem so dim I will hold on

Pray with me and for me as I pray for myself

1 comment:

  1. hey Kathy! how's it going?!?! Are you doing better? I'm taking today to catch up on my blogging friends' happenings and wondering how you are. Please let me know!! (and I'll still be praying, too!)

    ReplyDelete