Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Historical Moment in time



No matter which side of the fence you might find yourself politically, you have to admit that today was indeed a historical moment. I am in awe of God's awesomeness and of his great imagination. Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us...Ephesians 3:20. I never thought that I would see the first black president, my eyes well up with tears at the thought.

I kept my children home today and we watched the inauguration as a family. When they grow up they could tell their kids where they were and that they witnessed this very historical moment. I am in awe at the excitement and unity of this moment and of the new administration.



I thought that it would be nice to sit with Michelle Obama and talk. Talk about her role as mom and wife and balancing all. Then I thought that there is another person I would love to sit with, Michelle's mom. As a mother of three girls, it is my desire to raise strong women of God, who are intelligent and poised. Focused and determined. Michelle's mom has raised the First Lady, a woman who embodies all of the qualities I mentioned and more. How can I as a mom deposit all that I need to, to raise strong, intelligent women? So my question would be....

Dear Ms. Robinson what did you do and say to raise such a remarkable woman?

Maybe I will start a little closer to home, my own First Lady, my pastor's wife, she too is a women of God. Strong and intelligent. Poised and focused. So I think I will take the time to speak to my First Lady's mother. Who has been another mother in my own life.

Sometimes the answers we seek are not that far away. Seek other women in your life, older women, younger women they all have something to share with you, to bring you through your season of motherhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment