Saturday, January 10, 2009

Welcome



I entered the world of blogging when I started my wedding business blog. I considered starting a new blog about another portion of my life.....Mothering. I have been married for 13 years and have three wonderful daughters, all very different.





I thought about a name for my blog and one theme kept coming back to my mind, it is a theme I have adopted for about two years.....Seasons.

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven....Ecclesiastes 3:1

We all go through various seasons of our lives. While in them we may experience joy, pain, grief and a host of other emotions, but at the end of it all it was just a season. In retrospect we realize that we have made it through and no matter how horrible it did not destroy our lives.

Mothering has seasons, infant season, toddler, school - age, pre-teen, teen, adult. Knowing which season your in and how to mother in those seasons will make the difference between a full head of hair and a head with patches...you know when you yanked it out in moments of frustration.

With three girls 3, 8 and 12 I am going through various seasons at the same time, in the same space. Watching each season flourish is great, watching them collide is quite an atmospheric event..

I am glad that I have friends who may be one or two seasons ahead of me, they are here to remind me that I wll make it through. They will be my resources as I share with you how I navigate through my mothering season. Hopefully, it will help you navigate as well.

I am glad I have my friends who are going through the same season I am in, they remind me I am not alone. It is my hope that by sharing you experience one less lonely moment in your mothering season.

Let us all reach out to help other moms through the various seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment