Monday, March 1, 2010

Missing our season



Yesterday was youth Sunday at church and the Youth Ministry Director preached the morning's sermon. Her topic was "Don't miss your season". The seasons of my life is something that is very important to me , hence the name of this blog. Not only the season but what is being done in that season. My hearts desire is to be fruitful, do something "on purpose, with purpose". Sometimes we reach a season of our lives where God needs us to accomplish a particular purpose. So he begins to drop it into our spirits. Maybe God's has been calling you to join the missions ministry at your church. He has placed on your spirit and you shake it off, a sermon is preached one day and you think about it...."no I am not ready yet" is your response. Someone who you do not know comes to you and says you would be a great asset to our missions ministry group, you still are not ready.

Ministry Henry said something very key about our seasons, they come to an end. If at the end of that season you have not stepped in to God's will for your life then God will use someone else to accomplish His purpose and plan. You would have missed this opportunity to be fruitful in your season. She said something that made me think, it was so contrary to what I had always heard. Your destiny...it is not a sure thing..a guarantee. Hmmm, what? In essense, you are destined to do certain things ,b e a succesful entrepreneur, an influential person in someones life, you are destined to make an impact in this world. However you could surely miss this if you are not in tune with what God has purposed for you and is calling you to during your season.

If a farmer misses the planting in the right season, then their will be no harvest. I think that is deep. I often ask the question, how do I know this is the season for this or that? It is a hard question, but for me I need to stay connected to God so that I know, when He is prodding me or nudging me towards something. God is not an intrusive and forceful God, so He will give you time to figure it out and fulfill your purpose. However if you don't, well the purposes will be accomplish by someone else. What is God calling you to do that you have been putting off? Open a business, start a ministry, start a non-profit, stay home with your kids. Don't miss your season.

No comments:

Post a Comment